The Jacksonville Children's Commission provides summer camp opportunities to low-income and special needs children.
Community Eligibility Student: Students enrolled in one of the Duval County Public Schools (DCPS) that are participating in the National Student Lunch and School Breakfast Programs that are classified as 100% Free/Reduced Lunch for 2016 -2017 school year documented by a student report card from one of those schools;
Students with Family Income at or Below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level documented by:
- A current copy of a Hero's or Step Up for Students Scholarship letter, or another Florida Tax Credit Scholarship.
- Documentation of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, WIC, and/or Medicaid,or
- Verification that household family income does not exceed 185% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Special Needs and/or Special Education Students documented by:
- A form from a school with the child's name and current school year/date,
- A current diagnosis report from a medical or psychological professional verifying that the child would require an Individual Education Plan (IEP) if enrolled in the public school system,or
- A McKay Scholarship (as documented by a form from the school with the child's name and current school year/date).